Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Stay Tooned!!!--The End!?????

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Stay Tooned!!!--Inhumanoids!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 am

Nope, didn't know them, I know a lot but not everything. Its cool when you find or learn something new, even if its old that like, in fact I love the old stuff the most ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:03 pm

Blargh ralf urmfl soon!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:22 am

Gosh, can't wait this :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Stay Tooned!!!--down in Taz-Mania

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:17 pm

BLAAAAAAAAAAARGH! AWOOOOOOOOOGH! Now I know how Taz feels. I had a bunch of witty paragraphs written up for cartoon #40, but my browser just closed on me and I lost it all. It was witty, trust me. Maybe the funniest one yet. Honestly. Why are you rolling your eyes? Stop that!

The Tasmanian Devil was created by Robert McKimson and made his debut in 1954's Devil May Hare, however, it was thought by some at Warner Bros. that his depiction may be too violent for children, so the character was locked away in Warner Bros. water tower until Jack Warner himself inquired about the disappearance of the character from the toons. Taz soon made his triumphant return in 1957's Bedevilled Rabbit, and would go on to appear in a few more of the classic Looney Tunes before settling down with his lovely bride.

Taz was often depicted as dimwitted and vicious, often incapable of even forming the simplest of coherent sentences so it shouldn't surprise anyone that he would go in to ACMEdemics at a Looniversity (it's a joke, hopefully I don't offend any teachers). Heck, in today's world he could probably get elected to office in many states. Even the presidency apparently wouldn't be out of reach (I don't really care if that offends any politicians).

The 1980s saw an inexplicable boom of popularity of Australia culture. Men at Work, Paul Hogan, and Outback Jack all came waltzing Matilda from a land down under where women glow and men plunder. And who amongst us could ever forget the comic genius of Yahoo Serious?

Alas, two Crocodile Dundee movies proved to be two too many. The Aussie fad was not meant to be a bloody ripper and dwindled before the barbie got too hot. That's a fair dinkum, you bogan.

But Warner Bros. had a different idea. Coming off the success of Tiny Toon Adventures, Fox Kids went back down under with Taz-Mania joining their Saturday morning lineup. But by then I was already a teenager and too cool for Looney Tunes so for me, Taz-Mania was mostly that show that was on just before the X-Men came on, so while I know the show, and readily recognize the theme, I can't say it was a show I watched regularly or could easily name the characters. But hey, I still dug Wolverine, and crikey, he was Australian, too!

Yeah, I brought that up before, I don't care. It still kills me. Like the producer thought wolverine...Canada...Tasmanian devil...Australia...what's the difference, right? One English prison colony is the same as another, I guess.

Spoiler alert: The X-men hadn't even died and gone to the Outback yet. Crikey! Knifey-spoony hadn't even been invented, mate.

But most Saturday mornings I'd probably sleep in or play a video game until those three great words would air, "previously, on X-men..."

It's why I have a blind spot for most cartoons from about 1992 or so until the mid-2000s. I could get in to rated R movies without being accompanied by an adult. Who had time for kids cartoons when pinnacles of animation were being made for adults?

Actually, we recently watched Beavis and Butthead Do America with my kids, and they got a big kick out of it. Especially the Great Cornholio scenes. They're going to grow up not being offended by everything and everyone if me and Southpark have something to say about it.

What were we talking about? Ah yes, Taz-Mania. I wish I could speak more on it but I'm afraid like many of my posts this one has veered far off the rails so I should probably stop here and allow anyone else more familiar with the show to chime in. WE MEAN YOU!

Tazz is gonna kill you. You better run, you.better take cover.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:43 am

Holy cow, this was awesome. Oh I watched the Taz show a lot, I thought is was great and hilarious too! Amazing all of the stuff you put in here PB :o Oh I used to watch the Croc Hunter too, he was also hilarious. I have a very special Steve Irwin item that I may showcase in the future.

Back to Taz, not sure if you know or played it but they made a couple really fun games for the Sega Genesis back in the early 90s, it was a cool time then. I have the first one and ya never know, I might showcase it one day in My game topic ;)

Good climax there with the former Tazmaniac :lol:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:22 am

Crikey! You know, I meant to mention the games because I remember renting one of them for the Sega, but I got way off topic and forgot. Thanks for bringing them up.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:53 am

That's ok, I know how it is...there is so much to talk about on a subject and then there's that 1 thing you forget about and they you wonder how and why you did it and then kick yourself about it :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:35 am

Yeah, I usually go in wanting to touch on a few things but then the writing takes me places I hadn't intended. Such is life. Going to try and get the next toon up a lot faster.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:09 am

I played a game for Taz-Mania as well but it was for Super Nintendo and totally different from the SEGA Genesis game. The Super Nintendo one was a 3D running game where you had to catch kiwi birds and avoid his girlfriend and getting flattened by traffic. Digeri Dingo would show up now and then with an item of some kind.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:20 am

Regarding Wolverine with the Aussie accent, that was a recurring thing for some time as there was an older X-Men animated cartoon where Wolverine had the Aussie accent. I don't remember what it was called but it was on one of those cheap VHS tapes that had a bunch of the low budget Marvel stuff from the 60s onward. Then there was a much higher quality animation one where he also had an Aussie accent called Pryde of the X-Men which adapts the story where Kitty Pryde joined the X-Men. The animation rocked and the story was okay.

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions