Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Stay Tooned!!!--The End!?????

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Stay Tooned!!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:53 pm

I have the Holiday DVD (it has the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas episodes) an still watch it every year. I know the words to all the Halloween songs as I used to have them on a Halloween collection CD I made myself. When I was a kid we taped it off CBS and I'd watch it ad infinitum, often putting it in slow motion to watch the animation change (did that a lot with Transformers, too!).

If I'm being honest, Garfield would be my choice as well. I haven't really seen the new movies, but the cartoons are something I'll always hold dear. Here Comes Garfield was another I really remember, even though I probably haven't seen it in 35 years. It's a shame the specials don't still air on TV.

To this day I swear Garfield dropped the F bomb twice in the Halloween Adventure!

The word is he says, "Ah rust bucket!", but I say otherwise. Yanny/Laurel all over again.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:09 am

Awesome :) I bought & watched the first film back in the day as it was one of the last of VHS releases :o I never saw the others thought. I found it rather odd but then again it should obvious :?: that Lorenzo Music voiced Garfield in the cartoons and also Pete Venkman in The Real Ghostbusters. Then in 2004 Bill Murray voiced Garfield in the film franchise :shock: Somthin' ain't it :?: :? :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:55 pm

Saw the new SpaceJam today. It wasn't something I was planning on seeing because I don't care for LeBron James, but the kids really wanted to see it so I relented. It was ok. The story wasn't as interesting as the original, nor where the Goon Squad. Hearing new voices for famiiar characters was weird, too, but the thing I enjoyed most was in the crowd for the big game were all kinds of Warner Bros. characters so you could see the Flinstones, the Jetsons, Frankenstein Jr., the Iron Giant, Mightor, and even Igoo in the crowd, and if you've been reading all my posts you might even know who Igoo is. They also had various era Batman and villains including '66 characters and the Burton films, so it was more fun for me to continuosly scan the crowd as opposed to watching the action which wasn't that exciting as far as Looney Tunes and basketball goes.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:09 pm

OK Packer, sounds good. So you actually went to the theatre or at home on HBO Max:?:

Well, those days of truly great & fun movies have been long gone so when the first one came out in 96 them were still good days but things were starting to change then IMO. I'm not a NBA fan nor I don't care for him either especially after everything I seen of him on YT, just dig deep if ya know what I mean.

Back when the first one came out I saw a ton of films at the show in 96 but didn't see it till it was on HBO in late 96 or sometime in 97. I just wasn't interested it even though it had the same formula as Roger Rabbit and you know how much I loved that. Anyway I only saw it once and that was then. It was cool and stuff but seemed like after Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, WB just had LT take the back burner till LT: Back in Action but then they were really sparse. So I seen the ads to the new film several times on TNT when I watched AEW, I didn't bother checking out the actual trailer on YT. Yeah, the changed voices was kinda a turnoff this time for Me, it wasn't before but this one I'd have to get used to.

Yes I know who Igoo is from your topic dude but I never watched the Herculoids. Sounds like they really piled in the cameos in more than one would think. I get it about looking for the details in a film, done it too. Sounds really interesting about the Batman stuff, I wanna know more, its OK if you spoil it, I don't care. You said the 66 characters and Burton? Tell Me more dude, who were they (PICS?) and all that IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS YOU CAN PLEASE :batshock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:23 pm

We saw it at Regal Theatres. As far as Batman characters, you saw '66 Batman and Robin a lot in th crowd. Also saw '66 Joker, Catwoman, Penguin at points, as well as Burton Pfeiffer Catwoman and Penguin quite often. That was the most fun part. I mean, we're talking all of WB so Pennywise was there, Game of Thrones characters...etc. It was the best part of the film IMO.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:32 pm

Here's an actual cameo list I found, and holy crap, I missed some of these!
https://warnerbros.fandom.com/wiki/List ... acy_cameos
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:36 pm

Wow Packer, that is a ton of them, I am surprised! :batshock: That all sounds so cool, I might have to check it out just for that :o Glad you had fun.

Just a question, you have a Marcus theatre near you? They have $5 Tuesdays. I used to take advantage of that every month till the pandemic. The last movie I ever saw at the show was Birds of Prey...haven't been back since and unfortunately and very sadly I believe My times of going back are over :batsad:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:39 pm

Nah, we have Regal, AMC, some local single theatres, and a Dipson that hasn't reopened yet that would show older, cheaper movies. I mostly go to the theatre these days for the kids, or Star Wars. It's ridicuoulsy expensive with a family. Today for 4 tickets, a bucket of popcorn and four drinks ran me $90 (luckily I had a $50 gift card). It's absurd.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:56 pm

WOW, that is absurd :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Good thing you did have that gift card :D Oh I loved going to the old AMC shows, tons of great times there. Yeah, I loved it when when there were shows that would show older movies for cheap. Thanks Packer for sharing your day :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 pm

I figured it fit the theme of the thread. Heck, it was like a run down of many of the shows I posted on, lol. I wish I would've spotted the Tiny Toons crew in the movie. I saw Yakko, Wakko, and Dot, didn't see the Tiny Toons. I should be back tomorrow with the next cartoon I'm sure everyone has seen. And by everyone, I mean, nobody, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions