Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:21 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:06 am

That was an excellent Children's Palace commercial there. Seeing the InHumanoids is so great. For anybody that doesn't know, I showcased My little InHumanoids collection My Vintage Action Figure Topic a while back ;)

I posted this last year but I recently saw the commercial the other day and I still think it's funny :lol:

Oh was it really him :? :?: When he says "OK" at the end it's so hilarious :batlol: :wwsmh: :smlol:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:35 pm

That was a funny one.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:11 am

That was a great Target commercial from 1988, 35 years ago this year :o I tottaly forgot about Target's little mouse mascot. Look at those Micro Machines, soon I'll show My collection and look at those Ghostbusters...such a great time that was :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:13 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:11 am

Yep, Blockbuster was so good. When times were great and fun. Gosh I miss going to video stores like that. This digital movie renting that we have now like on Amazon for instance is nothing compared to those times IMO cause I've been there, done that. Like she said, there was something for everybody there :scbat: :scww: :scsm: new releases, classics,wrestling, video games and stuff to buy and own :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :scmm: :schal: :scbaf: :scaq:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:19 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:35 am

That was a great Hills one. Hills is lucky to have at least some remembrance of them as not every great store has the luxury of people reporting much less even thinking about them :roll: Believe Me cause I've showcased a number of great stores & people so far and still I see nothing about them other than Myself in My Region and it pains Me all the time :roll: To that lady newscaster...why in the Sam"Freggin" Hain is that Hills Pencil doing in your junk drawer...I say again WHY :o :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: That should be in a keepsake box, displayed somewhere or something for cryin' out loud...I've never been to Hills but I've seen enough to know they were a great fun store I mean you see how much I do about Venture, Grandpa Pidgeon's Verna's Mr. T's, Judy's Spectrum SuperStore and so many others....come on now lady :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:41 am

Indeed, Hills was a great store.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:23 am

:)

Oh wow Venture...in 1982 :o Thanks PB :) Yep, that was them and I have so many memories and good times at three different locations which they were similar but different. They were such a fun store to be at just not for toys but also for movies & video games too oh and books as well. That's where I found The Death of Superman...in 93 30 years ago this year and I must say My favorite was the one in South Town next to Frank's Crafts & Nursery and not to far away from McDonald's & White Castle on Kingshighway and because My Mom worked there as a baker for a time. Now the one in South County was great too and I loved it when it was getting late at night when there was hardly any shoppers when the toy isle was all Mine for a while ;) The one near Forest Park where the St. Louis Zoo is was good too but the former's is where I had the most fun at ;) Now as for that commercial look at that, you can tell how the stores were, that was pretty good there. Oh man Star Wars and that was Slave 1 :o My Grandpa always looked at the bicycles as they were part his life. He loved the sporting section too, in fact there was times when he'd look there and I looked at the toys and when I was done getting what We wanted, Me & My Grandma was ready to leave and he'd still be over at their sporting department :) It was a similar story over at Target & K-mart too and that commercial shows you that sporting department rather well. As sad as it is that this year marks Venture's demise in 1998, it's great that there is commercials of them out there so thanks again PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions