Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:27 pm

My kids had the animal hats when they were little, but nothing like that.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:39 am

I see. That Canadian Tire commercial was nice PB :schal:

Here is a K-Mart from 1982...40 years ago this year :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 am

When I was a kd you couldn't escape the Hills and Canadian Tire commercials. Not that I wanted to, but if you were watching cartoons on a US channel, or anything on CBS or CTV this time of year, you'd be sure to see one. They really were great.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:18 am

Yeah, I'm sure that was quite fun during that time ;) Wow, I never knew Sattlers, that store looked nice. Its so good seeing old SW figures like that not to mention Muppets and all that other stuff, cool PB :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

Here's this good one I never saw nor knew about it...it's from 1992...30 years ago this year :schal:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:49 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:52 am

Wow, a Menards Christmas commercial from 1990...I don't recall seeing them as soon as that year :o I've seen their commercials for years and even have one locally but never been to one, kinda always wanted to though. That was nice PB :schal:

Here's this one, amazing what a few years difference makes huh :?: :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:27 am

Sounds like the Boss might be making a Banks Statement elsewhere soon.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:30 am

That was great ;) I hope so, I miss here...if she lands in AEW or NJPW I'd prefer as herself this time :schal:

Here is another but it's a SEGA special :schal:

With all of this Nintendo & even Atari Christmas commercials and all that, there hasn't been any Sega yet. I know it costs more than a NES at the time but still gosh Sega was so underrated. This one is from 1989 :) I didn't get Mine till 94 when the price really dropped kinda far but gosh I wasted no time playing it :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:09 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:42 am

Geesh, that Hills was good & weird at the same time PB :? :)

Here is this one, I have talked about them many times and even showcased them...Ben Franklin's :!: I have showcased many great things I got from them in My Vintage as well. They were arguably My fave store to go to store. They had a DC Super Powers section that you wouldn't believe I mean it was all in cases like it was the spotlight series of the whole store :batwink: :wwshock: :smgasp: In 1990 My Grandparents got Me ALL of My Kenner Beetlejuice figures that I showcased from Ben Franklin's :o They had a big selection of Galoobs's Micro Machines that My Grandma got Me and they had a huge selection of old time toy guns & rifles, I still have some of'em. I remember it like it was yesterday going there...it's such a shame that they never got the exposure like other stores did and that a lot of people didn't experience them then and even now. There's only a handful of commercials out there but I was able to find short Christmas commercial :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions