Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:17 pm

Never heard of them either, but the commercial was good.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:33 am

Holy RobinBats, I never seen that 1986 Christmas Zayre Batman commercial. Dang, they were good and they had the same Batmobile that was in the old TV show...they could have made a special series, movie or something with them two especially since the 80s was nearly obsessed with the 50s & 60s...shame they didn't but that was great :scbat: :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:18 pm

Zayre was a Canadian chain. Not sure if it's still around but I remember going there a few times as a kid. I never saw that commercial before though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:26 am

I see, well they sure looked good...OK, I just looked them up...nope they've been gone since 1990...real shame :roll:

That Canadian Tire from 1991 was good, the Ghost of Christmas Future there with the he's nuts and/or crazy spin of the finger gesture :blmm: :scbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:16 pm

1991? Wow, didn't realize it was that long ago.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:55 am

Yep :roll:

Oh Chuck E Cheese. I actually didn't know them till the 90s. I knew them as Showbiz Pizza Place beforehand. My Parents took Me there many times in the 80s. I loved it which I have showcased and talked about them before. They were in South County and would be replaced by their owner Chuck E Cheese. This is the place I played the Jurassic Park Arcade Game and I beat the Turtles in Time Arcade Game too in 94 :shock: Now when it was Showbiz, this is where I played the Star Wars Arcade Game in the Cabinet that I talked about as well...I was about 3 or 4 or so when I played that and it really sparked My love for Star Wars & Sci-Fi in general ;) ...this commercial is from 1983...40 years ago this year :scbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:55 pm

Yeah, we had a place called Major Magics as well. Basically the same stuff.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:16 am

I actually never knew them, I looked them up but they looked a bit different to Me to with a different cast of characters...when I did this I also found out that Atari actually owned them for their first year...I found that to be kinda unbelievable then they had a great Arcade selection :o ;)

WOW, a 1991 Sears Wish Book Commercial, that was great and I'm not sure if I ever saw a Sears Wish Book Commercial for any year :o :scmm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:59 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:40 am

That was a really nice JC Penny Commercial from 1980 :scww:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions