Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:00 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:06 am

That was a great TRU commercial, those guns like that were so fun :) Oh yes open till midnight, there was nothing like being at a toy store late at night :batwink:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:22 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:20 am

That was a pretty good Looney Toons Target commercial with LeAnne Rimes. It was basically an all-star cast. Sadly Looney Tunes was fading away by this time I mean they'd still be around but nothing like the 80s and beforehand.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:34 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:48 am

That was a great Radio Shack commercial. It wasn't a kids store but whenever We went there I thought is was fun :scbat:

This reminds Me. I never told you about this PB. One day when Me & My Grandma went to Radio Shack on Hampton (it was a bit further down where Peaches/Sound Warehouse/Blockbuster Video Music then FYI was), I met the meteorologist from Fox 2 there at that Radio Shack and I knew who he was cause I watched Fox 2 all the time. This was about 2009 perhaps 2010. His name is Chris Higgins. He was doing a weather report there and talking about the preparations that you need for sever weather in the Spring & Summer. I waited after he was done with his report then I introduced Myself and all that. He was quite nice. He was dressed in black, darn near like a biker. We talked about Tornadoes among other Weather subject for awhile and told him how much I love weather and he was glad that I did. I never asked for an autograph or anything, I just shook his hand and was thankful that I met him :) Here's a picture of Chris Higgins from a while back.

So you can see him in action, here's a recent report that he did last year in January :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:47 pm

That's pretty cool.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:57 am

Thanks PB ;) That was a nice 1979 Sears Commercial, I never seen that one before :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:21 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:35 am

I don't know them but that was a really nice Star Market Christmas Commercial :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq: :blaq:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions