Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Store Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:52 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:50 am

That was a some Zayre commercial, the people singing sure were in-sync :scww: :scbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:49 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:24 am

That was a good May commercial from 1977, Christmas was so good during those old days :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:14 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:49 am

That Child World looked really good :scaq:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:04 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:37 am

i don't know that Dave's Christmas Superstore in 1995 but I sure do Ted Drewes and I guess that's why you chose that one PB ;) Here's My quote from My Baseball: Origins P2 showcase :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Since it's My city I thought I'd now show this as a special bonus that I am including for this Showcase is a St. Louis Blues Button that was in My Big Box of Buttons. However this just isn't a St. Louis Blues Button, this is a special & unique Ted Drewes Frozen Custard item. I'm really not sure how I obtained this but possibly at school as well :)

Now if your not in the Mid West much less Missouri then you probably don't know anything about Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. It's the most famous of all Frozen Custards in the state. He's got two locations, 1 on Grand that was hardly ever opened near where Ben Franklin's & Sears was and the other is on Chippewa that has always been insanely busy where Grandpa Pidgeons was. Ted Drewes's commercials are always on Fox Sports Midwest during the Cardinals & Blues games. Here's his logo and here's the man himself :)

Now this is the location on Chippewa, right across the street is the great Donuts Shop Me & Grandpa used to go to which their still there. We'd be like look at that crazy crowd of people at Ted Drewes. Ted Drewes is absolutely huge for sports here I mean their pure St. Louis history. Really there's not that many that's more iconic than them. Tourist have come here to just to try them out and as Ted would say..."It's really good guys...and gals" :)

OK, now back to the commercial. That's Ted Drewes there. In that commercial you can see it's the place in My picture. They still have those trees there as I speak, I saw them last week when I was in the Chippewa & Hampton area. I'm sure they cost a pretty penny. Thanks PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:41 pm

Dave's is local to me. That's why I picked two this time, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:06 am

Well that's good ;) Oh boy, another Blockbuster commercial and this one is from 1990 :o Ah, she's got TMNT the movie, that was superb but holy cow, she's got Total Recall too :o Both from 1990...now that's what I'm talkin' about and this was a dandy commercial ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions